Monday, January 13, 2014

Acambay

A few months-ish ago, I said that I wanted to see a lot of progress in a small town called Acambay. Well, we've got a really good family of 3 that we're teaching up there, and on top of that, we're getting a lot more work done up there! But as we were teaching someone in a small town called Ganzda, it occurred to me that some people won't be able to make it to Atlacomulco due to the economy or time. As I thought about it, it occured to me that we needed a branch up there.

Then on Saturday, we went to the doctor to check my knees (nothing serious; I just got to keep my posture good and do leg excercises oh English y u so hard?) and Elder M was there for his back! If any of you remember or if I even shared that experience, he no longer needs to wear his back brace. Anyways, he knows a lot about church leadership, so I asked about the requirements to make a branch. He told me, and I began to think.

"Well," I thought, "it looks like we're really close to having a branch out there!" We could very well have one up there in two months, and this is our goal. On top of that, the assistance in Atlacomulco had been very low recently, low enough that even if there were enough baptisms in Acambay, we wouldn't have enough people to split the ward. On Sunday, a "staggering" 108 people showed up! It's amazing because it'd had only been lowering for a while.

Things can only get better!

Well, thanks for all your support, and we'll see each other in more or less a year!

Elder Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment