Monday, February 10, 2014

Well

There's not much more to say right now. Except that I was reading in "True to the Faith" the other day, and I read that in order to make a branch, the minimum requirements are two families in an area and at least one worthy Melchisedek Priesthood Holder or one worthy Priest. Well, Acambay has just about... all of that stuff, so what's the problem? Well, the ward itself needs to be a little stronger. We don't want to make a division if it's going to weaken the ward too much, right?

Right.

Also the thing I'm most excited about right now is that my brother, Jacob, got his mission call so the El Salvador, San Salvador Este mission. Interesting, he's in the East mission and I'm on the West of Mexico city...

Things are going good here. With enough work and miracles, we should be able to see 2 or three baptisms here this week, which would be very nice.

There's still two changes left before May (more or less) and in May I'll have to get my visa renewed, so who knows what'll happen. I doubt I'll still be out here in Altacomulco by that time - in fact, I kinda feel like, with the changes that are coming this week, I'll be headed back to the big, ugly I mean pretty city. La verdad, I prefer the pueblos.

One of the things I almost always think about is "Am I being as good an example for my brothers (and the ward and everyone else) as I can?" So I'm basically using that as my motivation to become a better missionary. This week, for like, the millionth time, I'm going to try to stop drawing non-Gospel things during the week. So that's my main goal, and try to be more diligent as well.

Well, that's about it for right now. Thanks for your e'mail and example, Dad! Tell Jacob I said congrats (again) and help Mom out with her Spanish.

Well, I'm out of time, so this ends here!

...I hate it when the busses have movies playing, especially if the'yre sci-fi and I've never seen it before and it sounds interesting.

Love as a missionary does,

Elder Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment