Monday, September 2, 2013

UNEVENTFUL WEEK THING‏

Nothing much happened. I had no money (do now) helped some people, taught some things, unoccupied mornings, absolutely booked afternoons. My companion and I also found a lot of old cassettes from the 80s and early 90s.

Let's see... in terms of my week... what happened that is actually shareable? Well, my companion and I are together for another change (six weeks) here in C, so that's going to be pretty sweet. Also, I shout in my sleep, which can keep my companion awake sometimes (I woke him up three times one night... poor guy). I already feel sorry for my future wife. She'll definitely need some earplugs.

What else do I have...? Well, our investigator got confirmed on Sunday, and we've been working with someone that spent five years in prison for a crime he didn't even commit. He's had a really rough life, but he's super eager to get baptized and super humble. He's a really nice guy, and I'm glad I get to stay here to watch his progress - which is kinda like being a parent, getting joy from watching people - in the case of a parent, their kids - grow up and make the right decisions.

I finished Jesus the Christ a while back - like a week or two ago. I really love that book - teaches us so much about the Lord and what his point of view might have been and what he was like on the Earth and nowadays. I really appreciate the doctrine it holds within as well, and among all the other nice truths and explanations within.

As for J, it sounds like he might be going on a lot more dates (I hope) or something like that. (Here he's referring to the news that J's college church congregation has 120 gals to 40 guys.) That ratio is almost the opposite of my YSA wards - in my Fall Ward, we had barely more guys than we did girls, so some of the people didn't have any opportunities to home teach the girls. I'm glad Jesse and I did - so many fun times while home teaching (checking in on other congregation members on a monthly basis). I really enjoy working for the Lord; it always makes me feel like I've accomplished something and I almost always come out knowing something more or with a more fortified testimony. Or at least a fun memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment