Monday, September 30, 2013

9/30/13

I've recently figured out a way to use my talent of drawing to help people out during lessons. Which is nice, because while my companion's explaining a principle, I can draw what it is in correlation with whatever we're talking about.

Or, the Misioneras Capacitadoras (Mission Trainers) can learn of my drawing, get me some really nice paper and colored pencils, and then ask me to draw them a flagship they're going to show to all the leaders in the mission for the council they have today (Hence the attachment). Got it done in about half an hour or so. Ten minutes were spent waiting for the pen ink to dry. Another two were used erasing the pencil marks that I traced over.
I really enjoy being able to draw to help, but I also love it when a less active member that's returning says that she's there to stay active. It feels really nice, especially when you can feel the emotion she's saying it with.

And yes, the English is intentional.

Well, that's about it. I haven't gotten sick recently, I had mashed potatoes three times this week.

Well, I'm having a great time here, so... that's about it.

Thanks for all your support, and I'll just sit here eating KFC from time to time and blueberry muffins from Starbucks (30 pesos each. SO WORTH IT) and searching for more souls to help out.

Lovingly like a missionary loves,

Elder Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment