Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Elder Newman.exe has crashed‏...

...on his bike three times. Once, I got an infected wound because of it.

So, what's happened? Not much, although we did find a fantastic family last weekend. It's a single mom with her three children, and they accept everything. They came to Church on Sunday and stayed to watch a baptismal service afterwards. The mother loves it - she's led a really rough life - and so does her oldest daughter. They're going to progress really well and really far.

WE'VE GOT WORK TO DO. SERIOUSLY. But things are going to go well.

Also, you may be interested to know that I've been designated the branch piano player. Evidently the members are so sick of the CDs they've got that they don't mind just hearing a mangled version of the right hand of the hymns. Although it did pave way for a miracle that only I saw.

The first hymn was number 10. I mangled it terribly. We had investigators in the meeting, so they didn't know, but the members surely did. I wanted to make sure that the sacrament was as spiritual as possible, so I said a very fervent prayer that the Lord will bless me as I played the sacrament hymn - "The Lord is my Shepherd," which is #56 in Spanish. So, the time comes, and I begin playing. I bungle the introduction up a slight bit, but then for the rest of the song, the rest of the three verses, I only played about 3 or 4 sour notes. Final hymn comes around, and I destroy it in the bad way. It was quite a delightful miracle with the second hymn - and evidently, I played well enough that the branch still wants me to play the hymns. We'll see if I can get any time to practice.

Let's see... well, we hit 65 people in attendance on Sunday, so that was good as well. I appreciated it. We're working on making the number jump even higher and higher, since we want to see real growth here in the ward. That means I need to contact more people, which means I need to contact men.

​And now I've got to go. Thanks for all your support and sorry for the short and lame emails!

Love,

Elder Joseph Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment