Tuesday, August 19, 2014

¡MÁS PODER!‏




So, what does that have to do with anything? Well, it's quite simple, my dear [insert your name here]. During a Zone Meeting last week, I was feeling quite down on myself. And then, somewhere towards the start, the words "Más poder" entered my mind. And I couldn't get them out. It began to fill me with excitement, happiness, and desire. And to prove that it helped, our numbers (we report how much we did a certain task every now and again - lessons taught, people contacted, etc.) were a lot better. Every time I felt down, I needed to contact, or something like that, I just told myself, "Más poder. ¡Más Poder!"

For you non Spanish-speakers, 1) learn Spanish, and 2) it means "More power."

Más Poder, in this case, means working harder. Más poder means loving the people more. Más poder means doing more than normal. Más poder means being obedient. Más poder means being patient while the owners of the ciber café keep on trying to discover what a certain song is through a ridiculous playlist while someone listens to Gangnam Style on another computer. Más poder is simply that: more power gained from doing more.

Also, here's my journal entry from when I fell in the mud:


SO... YES. Más poder is pretty much my catch phrase or whatever you want to call it. It's helped me quite a bit, actually.

Well, that's all I've got for right now. We're teaching two fantastic people right now, the father of a member and a woman whose familial religious diversity is quite amazing. And all are telling her, "No, come with us / stay with us / don't even think about going there / etc." Nonetheless, she's staying strong, saying, "The truth is here." She's fantastic.

Thank you all for your support and help!

Elder Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment