Monday, October 6, 2014

Oct. 6, 2014

About riding a bike with no handle bars... it's just me saying, "Look, Mom! No hands!" as I ride down the streets to an appointment. Clearly, I don't shout it out, but it's really nice to do once in a while.

And yes, I did get to watch all sessions of conference. IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL AND THE MUSIC TO BOOT AND HOW I WANT TO LIVE THAT WEEKEND AGAIN (for the most part... Saturday, we got about 0 work done because we were doing a lot of interviews). I got so many answers to my question, "What do I do now?" I got it because on Saturday Morning, I noticed that I didn't have a question to take with me into conference and I said, "Well, that's great! What do I do now? ...OH, I GET IT!" And therefore, I'm going to be focusing myself on drawing nearer to Christ - getting to know Him on a more personal level. Thankfully, there was a lot of material about that this last conference - including helping out the poor. I'm going to be fasting even better now! :D


So... yes. And the baptismal service also went very well - the nice little girl (because she's only 11) went in with very little fear. We're going to see about baptizing her 8 year old sister this week, too. It makes me happy - and this time, I might perform the baptism. But we'll see, since Elder G is still struggling with the Spanish. The only thing I didn't like is that my agenda flew - jumped out of my suit pocket - into the font. So... that didn't make me too happy. Oh well - it's almost dried out now. Almost.

​My companion´s too tall in that pic and I love Windows 8 and fast internet. All of which I have and are true right now. The other man is a member of the branch presidency.

And that's about it for this week. P got baptized and I had a wonderful General Conference.

Tell Jared that I say, "Gracias. ¡Tendré un buen día y espero que lo tengas también!" ("Thank you. I have a good day and hope you have too!")

Now I'm going to apply General Conference to my life and move forward with Más poder.

Thanks for your support,

el Élder Newman mexicano

No comments:

Post a Comment