Monday, October 27, 2014

"There and Back Again: A (Newman)'s Tale"

Brackets can't be done with this computer.

SO, I am not longer in Maravatio... so that's sad. I was transferred to Lomas Verdes, which, you should know, is an area in my very first zone, which also means that I'll be going to the same chapel that I started in. I'll be finishing right where I began! Physically, not spiritually. It's amazing because we meet in the same chapel as Naucalli - MY VERY FIRST AREA! It is quite exciting.

Spiritually, I'm nowhere near where I began! I've come such a long way. I still have a long ways to go, but I'm happy knowing that I have changed and progressed. I'm still me - that is, I've the same personality, likes, and dislikes (for the most part - although there are a lot fewer dislikes. Well... I'll have to think about that one). I'm a better Elder Newman - like Elder Newman v. 2.20.10.7 or something like that.

I'm so old. There's almost nobody in my new district that has more than 6 months - I still need to verify with two other sisters that are in the district.

I don't want to face the facts of me having so little time left - or rather, I'd rather not think about it. At all. So, I'll be forcing that out. 
I've been wanting to increase my humility - thinking more about others, and not thinking about the stuff that I want to think about at that time. Look for more and greater opportunities to serve, as well as help others to grow and to progress. It came as a result of the branch conference last Sunday, and I really dislike this keyboard. The backspace key is too small.
Also, because I'm no longer in Maravatio, tampoco es mi compañero Elder G (And Elder G isn't my companion, either). Ahora es Elder W, de Arizona (Now it is Elder W, from Arizona). Tiene 4 meses en el campo (He's been out in the field four months).

I'm just glad that I'm still in the mission, and that I've made it this far. Part of what helped me get this far was my brothers - I knew that I needed and still need to be an example for them, and that helps me stay focused and so forth. It's quite nice. It also helped me stay in the mission when I was in Naucalli - my, how things have come along. I'm amazed at all that has happened and that I've learned in the past 21 months - and I look forward to these last three with great excitement.

No pido perdón para mi español (I don't apologize for my Spanish).

Muchas gracias por su amor y apoyo (Thank you very much for your love and help),

Élder Newman

Vamos a hablar el español porque es más fácil (We're going to speak Spanish because it's much easier).

No comments:

Post a Comment