Saturday, May 31, 2014

Wow. They do grow big potatoes in Idaho!‏

There was a new Elder that got to the mission last night, so we trained him this morning. And when he and his trainer left, the assistant (we only have one right now) and us went to play some ping pong in President Whitehead's house. After about half an hour, President came along and challenged his assistant (since he was destroying us - he won pretty much every single game). And then... well, you can imagine how it went with this picture:



Then we went to Zocalo again to see the fair, since it's the last day here.
And this happened:



You can see the "IDAHOAN" logo in the background. Interestingly enough, the USA booth has two stands for visas. I wonder why...

We also went to the North Korea booth. There wasn't much there. You could pay 15 pesos to get your name written in Korean... and look at pictures.

Life's been going pretty well. My scars hurt me again for a small amount of time today - weird, since the operation was 2 months ago and they almost never hurt anymore, even when I do stretch lying down - but otherwise, I'm feeling quite well. Not a problem to worry about here! ...Okay, that's a lie, but we've still got a lot of good stuff going on.

It's a good thing that I've finally come to be able to recognize the confidence people have in me - it helps me feel more confident in myself. There's still a lingering fear that I'll fall again into that deadly pit, but I came to the realization over the last week that I've I'm worthy, then I can draw strength from that. And it helped and helps me a TON.

With Christine's wedding, tell them congrats and I expect some leftover cake for when I come home. Just put it in the local TARDIS and I'll get it then. :D

Anyways, things have been going pretty well, as previously stated. We're looking for more investigators right now, but we're working on getting more. It's good.

And, if you're not confident in something, practice doing it, especially if it makes you uncomfortable, as that will give you the confidence needed.

Well, that's about it. Not much else happened.

Love you all and if you can, watch this. It's called Fantasy on Kingsfold, but it's really "If You Could Hie to Kolob."


Don't break rules, kids. Or adults. Especially adults.

Elder Newman

P.S. I crave a large vat of mashed potatoes for some reason...

No comments:

Post a Comment