Monday, November 24, 2014

Nothing Fits Me Anymore‏

What is English? I can't remember.

Anyways, we went to paint a member's house today (I forgot my camera), and as a result, I put on my old pants. Well, turns out, I've gone down about 4 waist sizes, and too keep them up, I need to stuff in my shirt - not just tuck, but stuff - and use a belt. Even then, however, I still need to fight a bit with my pants. So, anything I used to have... no longer serves me. (Catch the spanglish! Although... I don't remember if one of those phrases is legal in English or not.)

Aaand... well, things went fine for us this last week. As the end draws near, however, I find myself still staying pretty focused, which is what I want. The last thing I want to be doing when I leave is working - I want all to know that I stayed working hard, baptizing and converting the people, loving them, and doing all things well. That's my goal.

Also, I've learned just how true it is, the heavenly paradox of "He that saves his life shall lose it and he that loseth his life for the Lord's sake shall find it." Or something like that; I don't remember English. I see it mostly manifest with my drawings. My ability has increased vastly in these past 22 months, which is quite surprising - I almost never have time to draw anymore, except on mondays. And even then, not all that much. So, moral of the story is: you want to get better at something? Serve the Lord more.

It really works. I've lived it.

Anyways, that's it for right now!

Con espanglix muy horrible, tal vez más parásitos, y amor muy tierno, (With horrible spanglish, perhaps more parasites , and very tender love,

Elder Newman Mexicano

No comments:

Post a Comment