Saturday, March 2, 2013

Week Three and Pictures



Fri 2/22/13

This was actually me on the second night. Already seems like a long time ago to me.

This is my District - my companion is the one on the right. Temple Walks on Sundays are chaotic, but still fun nonetheless. Also, the Temple's cafeteria is amazing.

This is the culmination of things that I've learned here at the MTC: Banana Art. This is the third version; I didn't have a camera for the first two. They only get more amazing.

This is a new character that I made. I just wanted to show my bros this one because I thought they'd enjoy it.


Anyways, on to the news. My Spanish has been coming along pretty well, and I'm used to the food again. Our first "Investigator" has unveiled himself to be one of our teachers (someone told me at the beginning of the MTC stay what was going on, so I knew all along), and he's turned out to be one of my favorites. I've also learned a fair amount of teaching investigators, and thank goodness the Lord is helping us, because I've got a long way to go. Despite this, I'm ready and eager to get down to Mexico - I really hope my visa comes in on time.
I've also been sick this week. Sore throat, runny nose, aches... it hasn't been fun, but it's been getting better. For the most part.
So yeah... that's about all I've got, aside from the pictures and whatnot. The weeks are very similar; the schedule's always the same.
One of the Sisters in my district reminded me that got a haircut today. Also, I'm still in the Choir, albeit against my will. That's pretty much the only time I don't like the "be with your companion 24/7," but hey, it guarantees me a seat in the Tuesday night devotionals, so I can't complain too much.
Hope to hear from y'all soon (preferably through Dear Elder 'cause I get to read your replies sooner and it makes me happy and it gives me your addresses)!
-Elder Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment