Monday, December 29, 2014

The Horizon of 2015‏

So, all the non-protected pictures on my memory card were erased on Christmas, so I don't really have any pictures to send y'all right now. However, I plan on getting those back as soon as I get home. Thank goodness for knowing the tricks to computers! (Although if anyone wants to look up "How to recover files with Command Prompt" on google and send me the instructions, that'd be nice, too. I'd like to know how to do that.)

Anyways, Christmas was just about the most amazing Christmas ever (great skype call, diligence, great visits, amazing new CD, etc. etc.). Christmas Eve was also really good - we watched Frozen (in Spanish), and I really want to watch it again (but in English because I couldn't really understand the songs. Gotta practice that some more).

Yesterday was also really good - we got our JW-atheist friend and his mom to church! The mother is fantastic - she's already up to 1 Nefi 8, and participated so well in the Relief Society class that the president asked which ward she was from. It was her first time there, too! They're going to progress a ton. At least, the Mom will.

Something that I hope helped the son, J, out a bit was the video we watched in Church during Gospel Principles. It's called Finding Faith in Christ, and it's really beautiful. The main song is stuck in my head right now, but that's okay, since it's helping me remember the video. I really want to get to know Christ more and more and more, and I believe that I know a lot more about him than I did 2 years ago. I've still got a lot to learn, but that's okay - that's why we're here. To always learn and to always progress. I kinda suppose that's why I like to always have something going on, because if nothing's happening, I get really bored and don't feel like anything's progressing. Although sleep, in appropriate measures, is progress.

2015... back when I was starting the mission, some Elders called in "two-thousand never". And it's finally here. It's quite hard to believe, really. Just 2 more measly days  in 2014, and I'm in what could be one of the biggest years of my life! Although 2013 and 2014 will be really hard to beat.

And I've been craving that cake for so long now (the cake we traditionally make for his birthday). I've really missed that. Aaaand... well, I really enjoyed the Skype call...it was quite fantastic for me. It really got me excited for the work again, since I had such a hard time to explain how grateful I was for the mission and as I bore my testimony.  I'm really glad that those calls don't really affect me that much - one poor sister in the district hadn't even begun her call and was already crying. (She's the first missionary her parents have sent out, being the oldest, and she's in mexico, and she's a daughter, they're in the US... I'm sure you can imagine how it is.) No, the Skype calls my entire mission have actually quite helped me each time I've done them. They help me get some more self-confidence and they help me to feel a little bit better about myself, which, in turn, helps me be a little bit more focused. Afterwards, we had a spiritual thought with the family we were with, and then we went and at KFC for lunch at a member's home. It was a great Christmas. 

What else is there? 

And as for getting home... you do all the plans, and we'll see what goes on from there. All I know is that we're going to visit some of my old areas a lot. But I'll probably share those plans with you and Dad when you get here, if I have them made by that point. All I know is that on Monday, I'd like to spend it in Zócalo, with the other missionaries that head over there.

Well, that's about it for now! Thanks for all your help, support, and prayers that have supported me so much in these last two years!

Con amor,

Elder Newman Mexicano

No comments:

Post a Comment